When you find the right high school, you’ll know it.
Come get to know us.
Getting the feel for a school takes time, so we offer several ways to connect with TNS during the fall and winter. The best way to begin is with a Parent Tour. Our Director of Admissions will show you around and take time one-on-one to answer your questions and learn more about your student. In October join us for our Information Session for prospective students and parents at Horizon Theatre. You’ll hear from students and teachers and get a real sense of The New School experience. We host Open House events at our campus on Memorial Drive in November and January so you can see the school and talk to teachers, current parents and students.
In January and February we invite students who have applied to join us for one of our special Student Visit Days.
I look forward to greeting you at our door for a Parent Tour in the coming weeks and welcoming you into the world of TNS! You’ll get a sense of our curriculum, see our school in action and learn what makes TNS different from, as well as similar to, other high schools. Mostly, you will get a feel for the care, energy, and innovation that is The New School. I have spent my adult life in dynamic learning environments, and nothing tops TNS. Please call or email me to learn more. We look forward to being a resource as you look at different high school options, learn about your student’s hopes and dreams, and make plans for high school!
Jill Morehouse Lum
During the fall semester, we invite interested parents to come to visit The New School. We want to hear what you’re looking for in a high school and get to know your student through your eyes. Please sign up early so we can make sure to save you a spot. Interested parents are strongly encouraged to schedule a visit.
Things to know:
- Tours are offered at various times. Follow this link to choose a time on our calendar. This is a chance for parents to learn more about TNS and for us to get to know you.
- Parent tours are reserved for parents of students in 8th grade and above.
Sign up for our October 22nd Information Session for prospective students and their parents, held at Horizon Theatre in Little Five Points. Come hear faculty and students talk about their experience as teachers and learners at The New School. You may see a scene from a student-directed play or hear an interview with 11th graders who are in the midst of starting their own ventures as part of the entrepreneurism curriculum. What you won’t hear is a lecture. We do our best to give visitors a feel for life at The New School. Horizon Theatre is a fantastic regional theatre and also the TNS home base stage where Jeff Adler, co-founder and co-artistic director, also teaches drama to New School students.
On Tuesday, November 19th and Saturday, January 11th we will host Open House events for interested students and their parents. This is a great chance to get to know The New School a little better. Current students and their parents will be on hand, as will TNS faculty members. The Open Houses are informal drop-in events. Our address is 655 Memorial Drive, Atlanta, GA 30312.
In the winter (January and February), we invite students who have completed a TNS application to come for a visit where they can sit in on classes, talk to current students and meet with at least one teacher. This is a great way to get a feel for life at TNS, and for students to see if The New School would be a good fit for their high school years.
We are delighted that you are interested in applying to The New School!
There are six parts of the application:
- Prospective students complete an online student application
- Parent(s) complete an online parent application. Feel free to collaborate!
- Print and deliver the TNS Teacher Recommendation Forms to your student’s English and Math teachers with self-addressed stamped envelopes, or ask them to complete the forms online (the link will be sent to the recommendation email addresses you provide in the Parent Application). Give them plenty of time to send these back in by the application deadline of February 14, 2020. In the alternative, if your student attends a AAAIS middle school, you may have your student’s school forward the completed AAAIS forms in lieu of the TNS Teacher Recommendation Forms.
- Use our Transcript Request Form to request a transcript from your student’s current school. It should be mailed or delivered to The New School in a sealed envelope.
- An application fee of $60 will complete your application. Pay online here. Application Fee
- Students who have applied will be invited for a shadow day/interview in January, February, or early March. Because we are a small school and work hard to protect the learning environment of our current students, we may not be able to accommodate all students for a school visit/interview. We encourage you to complete the application and sign up early to make sure your student has an opportunity to sit in on a class and experience life at The New School first hand. There’s no substitute for the real thing!
What did we forget? Standardized Tests. The New School does NOT require the SSAT.
Tuition and fees for the 2019-20 year are $15,900.
While our tuition is significantly lower than most other private schools in the city, we understand that some families still need financial assistance. In fact, we work diligently to attract students who do not have the financial resources to attend private school because we’re dedicated to enrolling students who reflect the great diversity of our city. Currently 20% of our students receive financial assistance.
Families interested in applying for financial aid should go to www.sssbynais.org to complete an application and upload necessary documents. This independent organization will determine each family’s ability to pay tuition. When you enter the site, you will be asked for our school code which is 2783020. The deadline for financial aid applications is February 15th, 2020.